Super 30 movie cast: Hrithik Roshan, Mrunal Thakur, Virendra Saxena, Nandish Singh, Aditya Srivastava, Pankaj Tripathi
Super 30 movie director: Vikas Bahl
Super 30 movie rating: Two stars
The story of Mathematician Anand Kumar and his program ‘Super 30’, sets out a message that even children from the unprivileged areas can get into the IITs without spending a hefty amount on coaching classes, which has now turned into one of the most-profit making businesses in the country.
The film ‘Super 30’, has been in the news ever since the first look of the lead actor Hrithik Roshan surfaced.
The trailer of the film was a motivating one and hit., whether the film will strike the hearts of the audience remains to be seen.
Before you watch “Super 30” based on the life of Anand Kumar here are a few details about his journey:
- Born in Patna, Kumar’s father was a clerk working for the postal department. He got his schooling done from a Hindi-medium school. Kumar soon developed a keen interest for mathematics and during graduation, he submitted his papers on number theory, which was published in major mathematical journals.
- Due to the death of his father and lack of financial stability Kumar had to give up the position he secured at the Cambridge University.
- Kumar started his own institute, the Ramanujan School of Mathematics in 1992 by renting a classroom for Rs. 500 a month. Within a span of one year, his class grew from just two students to almost 500 students. However, it was in 2002 when a poor student came to him seeking coaching for IIT-JEE but was unable to pay the fee due to poverty, the idea of ‘Super 30’ struck Anand Kumar.
- After this Anand decided to take 30 super students from economically backward sections. The program was called Super 30.
- These 30 students would take coaching classes at his institute free of cost.
- in 2009 Kumar became very popular when the Discovery Channel broadcast a one-hour-long program on Super 30.
- Anand Kumar became more famous when the New York Times published about Kumar and his Institute.