About four months after the launch of DDA Housing Scheme 2019, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) is conducting a computerized lucky draw (lottery) for allotment of about 18,000 flats in Delhi’s Vasant Kunj and Narela residential areas.
For every DDA flat, there are 3 applicants on an average as about 50,000 people have applied for 18,000 flats on sale under the housing scheme.
- The DDA Housing Scheme 2019 was launched on March 25, offering flats across four categories.
- The deadline for application was extended by a month till June 10, after getting a lukewarm response. The earlier deadline was May 10.
- As many as 17,922 flats are on offer in four categories — HIG (High Income Group), MIG (Middle Income Group), LIG (Low Income Group) and EWS (Economically Weaker Section),” a senior DDA official had earlier said. The flats available in these categories are – 488 (HIG), 1,555 (MIG), 8,383 (LIG) and 7,496 (EWS).
- For the economically weaker section (EWS) category, the application fee was fixed at Rs. 25,000. For the LIG category, it was Rs. 1 lakh and for MIG and HIG flats Rs. 2 lakh.
- Recently, the DDA had approved a proposal to reduce cost of EWS flats in Narela, part of the online Housing Scheme 2019, “by up to 40 per cent of the construction cost”. The modified rates would apply to allottees of the current scheme. In case of left over flats, it would be re-advertised soon at reduced rates, news agency Press Trust of India (PTI) reported.